This is a full-time program whose total length spans for 109 weeks (including scheduled breaks). The duration for academic training is 48 weeks (in class) that includes 24 weeks of the co-op training period. The diploma in business management co-op Toronto School of Management (TSoM) offers flexible class timings to the students, with the availability of both daytime and evening classes. To qualify as a graduate student, students will have to undergo a minimum of 960 hours of guided learning followed by 480 practical training classes
The diploma in business management co-op syllabus consists of subjects that can help you deal with practical business situations. In order to successfully qualify the degree, it is mandatory for students to complete the following 17 modules:
Students must be at least 18 years of age;
They must possess a transcript, diploma or certificate that is equivalent to an Ontario high school diploma;
For non-native English speakers, language requirements include an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent.
- Fundamentals of Business Communications – Through this module, students will be able to develop workplace communication skills combined with time management skills that are required to perform business operations efficiently. It focuses on helping students learn how to be more productive in any business environment by enhancing their written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills and presentation techniques.
- Bookkeeping (Computerised and Financial Accounting) – This section provides students with hands-on training on computerised accounting, including setting up a computerised accounting environment and converting a manual accounting system to a computerised system. It covers all aspects of work transactions in the general, payables and receivable ledgers, with special emphasis on analyzing and recording business transactions using the rules of double-entry bookkeeping.
- Business Environment – It will provide students with in-depth knowledge about the influence of stakeholders on different organisations and the connection between the various business environments (local, national and global).
- Managing Financial Resources – The aim of this module is to assist students in developing the skills required to utilise financial information for efficient decision making. It enables students to learn about the correct source and method of getting access to the financial information that is essential for operating a business.
- Organisations and Behaviour – This module aims to provide students with an in-depth knowledge of individual and group behaviour within businesses. It allows students to analyse current theories and apply them to managing professional behaviour at the workplace.
- Marketing Principles – This section provides students with the basic skills relevant to the fundamental principles and aspects of marketing processes.
- Business Decision Making – In this unit, students will gain hands-on training in data gathering and storage, which is an important aspect of making business decisions. Students will also learn how to employ each available tool to create informative presentations.
- Research Project – The aim of this module is to help students develop critical thinking abilities to be able to undertake research investigations reacted to their educational programme.
- Financial Accounting and Reporting – In this section, students will obtain hands-on experience in developing tools for the interpretation of financial statements. They will also learn how to prepare financial statements for different types of business operations that are in alignment with legal and regulatory provisions.
- Personal and Professional Development – Through this course, students will learn to manage their personal and professional abilities to achieve career-oriented or personal goals. It will prepare students to become effective, confident and self-directed employees.
- Working with and Leading People – This unit focuses on teaching students the value of recruiting appropriate people for a particular job role. It will also help them develop the skills required to liaise with other employees at work and lead teams.
- Managing Business Activities to Achieve Results – Undertaking this module can help students analyse how different market structures play a role in shaping the pricing and output decisions of businesses.
- Managing Communications – This section emphasises on the advantage of employing IT systems to enhance communication and flow of information within an organisation.
- Operations Management in Business – It provides students with an understanding of the implementation of operations management (OM) for the efficient and effective production of goods and services.
- Business Work Experience – This module introduces students with the work practices of the business industry, preparing them for conducting research on business-oriented issues. Additionally, they will also learn to develop and produce management reports in order to examine such issues.
- Business Work Ethics – This unit introduces students to the basic concepts of business ethics, in relation to business objectives and responsibilities.
- Work Placement – The final module requires students to get familiarised with the key responsibilities and etiquettes of a workplace environment. Students are required to submit their completed placement report, in order to qualify for this degree.
The total academic fees of pursuing this course are $20,000 CAD, with the tuition fees of $12,500 CAD for international students and $7,080 CAD domestic students.
Why opt for a Diploma in Business Management Co-op?
Choosing to study a Diploma in Business Management Co-op program will equip you with the required skills to organise and lead effective project management teams. You will gain knowledge about the importance of financial accounting information in decision-making processes. Students can also gain expertise in creating customer value and sustain profitability for a business through effective marketing. Additionally, they will also develop the ability to demonstrate their understanding and knowledge of business methodologies. It can help you acquire a range of skill sets that can be applied to management, marketing, accounting, communication and leadership sectors.
Who should apply for a Diploma in Business Management Co-op?
If you want to develop skill sets that can be applied to management, marketing, accounting, communication and leadership sector, then business management diploma co-op course can be a good choice for you. This program focuses on the key management concepts related to real-world business applications and can help students acquire specialised knowledge required to be effective leaders and managers. It allows students to acquire a set of essential skills necessary to guide businesses towards meeting their goals, by implementing strategic methods.
Scope and future of Diploma in Business Management Co-op
Upon completion of the program, graduates will have the ability to analyse problems in an organisation’s management and present solutions for them. Students holding a diploma in business management co-op degree will possess the essential business foundation and leadership skills that can help them land lucrative jobs and enhance their career development. This program provides students with an understanding of the processes that are required to manage the operations of a company and prepares them for a career in the field of business management. Graduates with a business management diploma co-op degree can choose to pursue a higher educational qualification in any field involving business management operations, such as business computer applications, financial management, human resources or marketing.
Career prospects after pursuing a Diploma in Business Management Co-op
This business management diploma co-op program focuses on the latest developments in international business management and is ideal for those want to pursue an international business career. It prepares students to take up managerial roles in a range of fields including marketing, finance, human resources and management. Here are some of the career options that students pursuing a Diploma in Business Management Co-op can choose from:
Marketing and Sales Manager – Marketing and sales manager specialise in researching and developing different marketing opportunities as well as planning and implementing new sales plans. They are required to work closely with the managers of the other departments to ensure that the company is running smoothly. They are expected to manage both marketing and sales staff for the purpose of achieving marketing and sales operational goals.
Retail Manager – Retail managers are responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our store by ensuring the smooth running of operations to maximise sales and minimise costs. They specialise in data analysis principles and possess knowledge of diverse business subjects such as sales and marketing. They make sure that stock levels and purchases stay within the budget as well as work to analyse sales, revenue reports and make a forecast.
Business Manager – Business managers are responsible for overseeing the activities of workers and hire, train and evaluate the performance of new employees. They work to develop and implement budgets, prepare reports and ensure that each department complies with the organisation’s policies. Additionally, they often need to carry out performance evaluation and assist employees in setting goals.
Human Resources Manager – Human resource managers are responsible for enhancing the organisation's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations. They supervise on all operations of a company, ensuring that all processes are in line with the human resources policies, programs, and practices. Furthermore, they prepare employees for their assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
As a diploma in business management co-op graduate, you will have the opportunity to work in a broad range of employment settings (domestic and international locations) in all sectors of business and industry.Checkout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method