Study Grenoble MBA in Germany
Introduction Snippet: The MBA programme offered by Grenoble Ecole de Management is highly-rated and has been ranked as the 28th best MBA programme in Europe by The Financial Times’ Global MBA Ranking 2019.
Introduction to Grenoble MBA
Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM) was established in the French city of Grenoble in 1984 with the aim of becoming world leaders in the education of Technology, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management. Using this strong foundation and being located in a city well-known for technology and science has assisted Grenoble to broaden its expertise, teaching and research to face challenges in geopolitics, healthcare, entrepreneurship, energy and the digital world. GEM has an estimated 8,000 students and 700 professors.
GEM has also designed its own teaching methodology, known as the GEM Learning Model that is used tutor students to become socially interactive, inspiring and innovative entrepreneurs and world leaders. This learning model is centred on three principles, including:
- When explaining something to students, provide the reasoning behind it as it helps in keeping their attention;
- Students should view the professors as their coaches and mentors;
- Create educational content that is easy for the students to understand and make use of innovative study methods to keep the students interested.
Apart from these three principles, the learning model also consists of three founding pillars, namely:
- Personal development of the students in the form of emotional intelligence, self-awareness and career goals;
- Using active learning and placing students in mock real-life scenarios to improve their understanding of the theory being taught;
- Introducing unexpected developments in students’ projects to help them combat any unexpected scenarios that may arise in their future professional careers.
GEM is affiliated to the Grenoble Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is a founding member of the GIANT Innovation Campus and is an affiliate member of “Conférence des Grandes Ecoles”.
The MBA programme at GEM is highly popular and is considered to be the university’s flagship course. The duration of the Grenoble MBA programme consists of one academic year on campus and a one-year final management project. The programme structure of Grenoble’s MBA comprises:
- International Environment;
- Auditing and Accounting;
- International Management;
- Management and Sustainability;
- International Business Law;
- Technology Management;
- Decision-making Tools;
- Managing Organisations;
- International Marketing;
- Corporate Finance;
- Digital Transformation;
- Strategic Management.
Apart from this course structure, Grenoble also offers students to choose one specialisation from the following:
- Project Management;
- International Business Development;
- Management Consulting;
- Innovation Management;
- Luxury Brand Management;
- Digital Marketing.
Grenoble’s MBA programme is also offered at GISMA Business School’s Berlin campus.
Reasons to study Grenoble MBA in Germany
- Teaching method: The teaching method employed in Grenoble’s MBA programme is comprehensive as it consists of using practical scenarios to solve problems in case studies, and thus help in the overall learning of the students. The university aims to help students comprehend the theory using real-life situations.
- Employment prospects: Studying Grenoble’s MBA programme opens a world of international employment opportunities for students. 71% of students who graduate from GISMA Business School with a Grenoble MBA obtain full-time employment within two months, out of which 70% are working on international projects and 33% of students receive an annual starting salary exceeding €38,000 (source: GISMA Business School).
- Triple Accreditation: Grenoble Ecole de Management falls in the 1% of business schools that have a triple accreditation. GEM is accredited to AMBA (Association of MBAs – UK accreditation), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System – EU accreditation) and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – USA accreditation).
- Experience German culture: Studying Grenoble MBA at Berlin would allow you to experience Germany’s rich cultural history in the form of art, opera, music, philosophy, poems, festivals and food.
Grenoble MBA eligibility criteria
- Undergraduate academic qualifications: Students applying to Grenoble’s MBA at GISMA Business School must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in any subject while having a good overall aggregate.
- Work experience: Students must possess three years of relevant work experience before applying to Grenoble’s MBA programme.
- English proficiency: English proficiency tests have to be taken by those students for whom English is not their native language. Take a look at the English proficiency tests accepted by Grenoble and the respective cut-offs:
- IELTS: 6.5 with a minimum of 6 in each band;
- Cambridge Proficiency Exam (CPE): A, B and C;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Minimum score of 63;
- TOEFL: A minimum of 587 in the paper-based test, 240 in the computer-based test and 94 in iBT (minimum 22 in each band).
- GMAT score: The GMAT does not have to be taken by all the candidates, and it actually depends on a case-to-case basis. The target score that applicants have to meet is 550 with at least 70% in the quantitative segment.
- Essay: Applicants are also required to submit three essays with regards to their academic and professional experience, reasons for choosing the Grenoble MBA and their overall intercultural awareness.
Grenoble MBA scholarships and funding opportunities
- Scholarships: The Grenoble MBA programme delivered at GISMA Business School offers a variety of partial or full scholarships to students such as:
- Exceptional Career Scholarship;
- Women in Business Scholarship;
- Academic Merit Scholarship;
- Grenoble Graduate School of Business GMAT Merit Scholarship.
- Flexible payment plans: Students who gain admission to the Grenoble MBA programme at GISMA Business School are entitled to early bird discount and flexible payment plans.
- Education loans from banks: Obtaining an education loan is one of the most common methods for funding your Grenoble MBA. In order to obtain an education loan from a nationalised or private bank, you have to provide the bank with the admission letter, which is followed by the discussion with the bank manager. Once the bank manager approves the loan, you are required to provide some sort of collateral against it. One drawback of education loans are the comparatively high-interest rates.
- Education loans from non-banking institutes: Individuals can also obtain educational loans from non-banking institutions, on the condition of providing collateral. Some options for obtaining education loans from non-banking institutes include:
- Avanse Financial Services;
- Global Student Loan Corporation (GSLC);
- International Student Loan Program (ISLP).
Career opportunities after completing the Grenoble MBA programme
On completion of the Grenoble MBA programme in Germany, students can apply to a variety of senior management positions at organisations across the world. Some of the organisations that employ or have employed Grenoble MBA graduates include:
- Deutsche Bank;
- Credit Suisse;
Ready to Apply?