The duration of this programme is three years, which is divided into six semesters.
The intake for this programme takes place in September.
- Students must have cleared GCSE A level or its equivalent with a minimum passing grade of C in at least 3 subjects;
- Statement of Purpose addressed to the department expressing interest of the student to pursue BA (Hons) in Business (Tourism);
- Students whose native language is not English have to score a minimum of 6.0 in IELTS with at least 5.5 in each band.
Course work will be assessed in the form of essays, reports, presentations, reviews, individual projects and an array of other tools. At the end of the third year, students have to submit a dissertation as part of the graduation requirements. This master thesis is an opportunity for individuals to apply, ideate and develop their understanding of knowledge independently.
- Year 1: Developing Personal and Management Skills, Understanding the Business Environment, Principles of Marketing, Introduction to Finance, People in Organisations, Understanding the Tourism Environment;
- Year 2: Managing Cross Cultures, Business Processes, Enterprise & Entrepreneurship, Business Analysis, Contemporary Issues in Tourism Management, Sustainable Tourism Management;
- Year 3: Contemporary Management Issues, Strategic Management, Managing Self and Others, International Destination Management.
The fees for this programme is €8,000 annually. Students are eligible for scholarships; the details of which are provided by the programme advisor.
Reasons to Choose this Course
With the sudden boom in the tourism sector, the demand for tourism and business courses have risen as well. This course in tourism management throws light on the in-depth issues relating to the strategic management of organisations in the tourism business. This dynamic course applies the key concepts of business management such as marketing, finance and strategy to encounter and engage with industry-specific issues such as sustenance of tourism.
Is it Worth Doing BA (Hons) in Business (Tourism) in Germany?
Germany is known for its universities, which are focused on developing and delivering high-quality programmes. The radical modernisation and historical influences in the country provide students with an experience of best of both worlds. Vibrant lifestyle, blend of world cultures, a diverse student body and excellent job opportunities make Germany a favourable place to pursue BA (Hons) in Business (Tourism).
Who Should Pursue this Course?
Students who want to work within managerial roles in the international tourism sector should apply for this course.
Scope and Future of BA (Hons) in Business (Tourism)
Since students are exposed to the best practices of tourism and business management, they have the choice to venture into either path. Airlines, hotel chains, resorts, amusement parks and governments promoting tourism are some of the employers who are always on the lookout for graduates from this programme. Some of the key positions held by these candidates are Tourism Officer, Business Development Manager, Maître D’Hôtel etc. The increased demand for tourism facilities has led to an increase in demand for well-educated professionals, hence the future of graduates from this course is promising and bright.
- The nuances of running and managing tourism business from economic and finances point of view and through the implementation of business tools to increase the profit margins and strategic marketing;
- Understanding the core concepts of sustainable tourism, awareness of entrepreneurial skills which encourage the healthy growth of enterprises and small-scale businesses;
- Engage and critically work in scenarios that require problem-solving, efficient communication, principles and practices essential to run the tourism and hospitality sector.