This is a three-year course, which is divided into six semesters.
The intake for this programme takes place in September
- High School graduate or an equivalent of GCSE A levels;
- IELTS 6.0 with an average of 5.5 in each band;
- Statement of Purpose;
- Students failing to produce necessary education requirements can consider alternative entry by producing relevant work experience and references as evidence along with a strong letter of intent expressing their interest and motivation to study BSc. Accounting and Finance.
- Year 1: Financial Accounting, Cost Accounting, Developing Personal and Management Skills, Business Maths, Understanding the Business Environment, Managing Information Systems;
- Year 2: Business Laws, British Tax System, Accounting and Audit Framework, Financial Reporting, Management Accounting, Decision Making;
- Year 3: Audit, Financial Management, Ethics, Professional, Statutory and Current Accounting Issues.
The fees for this programme is €8,000 annually. Scholarships may be offered to prospective students, and for more information about the scholarships offered, contact the programme advisor.
Reasons to Choose this Course
The perspectives of global finance and accounting have never been more complex and important than in current times. For businesses to function effectively, it is crucial to implement the right practices behind every financial decision-making. Prospects of graduates with a bachelor’s in accounting and finance are very high as there is a corporate demand for financial accountants globally. Subjects taught in this course allows students to pick diversified job roles across various fields. This course has a practical approach and it prepares students for the rigours of professional life.
Is it Worth Doing a BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance in Germany?
Berlin is the hub in the German economy, an international trade centre and financial hub for finance and service industries and an exciting place to be for students passionate about starting their business. Students across the world apply for prestigious courses in Germany due to its high education standards and strong teaching methodologies. A heavy diversity blended with a large scope for learning and careers in Financial Accounting makes Germany a prime place to pursue BSc in Accounting and Finance. Moreover, this programme also prepares students for leadership positions and managerial roles within the industry, giving it a competitive edge over other such programmes.
Who Should Pursue this Course?
This programme is suited for individuals who aim to join the accounting and finance industry. Individuals who have a strong hold on mathematics can also opt for this course as finance and accounting is an indirect application of applied mathematical knowledge. It is for students who like the thrill of being in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving workspaces and have a penchant for practical learning.
Scope and Future of BSc (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
On completion of this course, graduates have ventured into an array of professional areas such as accountancy, investment banking, risk management, management consultancy, financial management, retail banking, portfolio management. They are also working in domains such as manufacturing, FMCG, consulting, law and legal studies, banking, and government. PwC, KPMG, Grant Thornton, Royal Bank of Deutschland, Deloitte and EY are some of the employers for which the graduates are working for.
- An understanding of concepts of accounting as tools for effective communication, administrating and resources allocation;
- Mastering financial statements, accounting reports, understanding and comprehension of how accounting and controlled finances influence economies and organisations;
- Develop qualitative and quantitative statistical tools necessary to understand accounting theories and practices;
- Theoretical and empirical emphasis on financial issues such as investments, financial markets and performance evaluations in global perspectives.