This is a full-time programme which spans over 115 weeks (including scheduled breaks) and the duration of academic training is 55 weeks. The Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination programme offers quality hours of lectures from highly experienced tutors. Furthermore, this programme also offers students a free re-sit course for students who may have to reappear the exams, full-time (24/7) online support and paves the way to study a BSc (Honours) in Applied Accounting with Oxford Brookes University.
Students must have registered with the ACCA global body;
Their age should be 18 years or more;
They must possess a transcript, diploma or certificate that is equivalent to an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or qualify the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam;
Non-native English speakers should possess an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent.
The syllabus of the ACCA preparatory course is divided into 13 papers that can assist you in qualifying the ACCA examination. The subjects are taught in four categories, which typically gives emphasis to the technical areas of accounting.
- Applied Knowledge:
- Accountant in Business (AB) – This section is focused on helping students analyse financial issues efficiently and make better decisions to enhance the financial health of a business. Students will gain hands-on training in recording, analysing, interpreting and presenting financial information.
- Management Accounting (MA) – Through this module, students will gain an in-depth understanding of the importance of effective planning in choosing alternative business actions whenever required. They will also acquire the ability to apply their professional knowledge and skills while preparing accounting information and assisting senior management in the formulation of policies.
- Financial Accounting (FA) – The aim of this unit is to provide students with an insight into the accounting standards and the generally accepted accounting principles of financial accounting. This will equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge required to manage a company’s financial transactions as well as issue financial statements.
- Applied Skills:
- Corporate and Business Law (LW) – This section will prepare students to identify the essential elements of the legal system to determine and apply the appropriate legal rules in line with the law of obligations. Additionally, students will gain the ability to demonstrate their knowledge of corporate fraudulent and criminal behaviour as well as recognise the legal implications relating to insolvency law.
- Performance Management (PM) – In this module, students will learn to develop strategic organisational objectives through continued communication between the supervisors and subordinate employees. Students will get hands-on experience in ongoing business processes, such as defining business expectations, setting objectives, identifying goals, providing feedback and reviewing results.
- Taxation (TX) – This module focuses on the principles, objectives and effects of taxation on individuals or entities, implemented by governments. Students will also learn about the different types of taxation (direct or indirect), the history of taxation and the economic effects of taxation (shifting and incidence).
- Financial Reporting (FR) – The purpose of this section is to teach students about the methods of communicating financial information to the investors or creditors. Students will acquire the skills needed for creating press releases, shareholder minutes, management letters and auditor reports.
- Audit & Assurance (AA) – Through this module, students will get to deal with the accounting jurisdictions that are implemented in compliance with international standards or national requirements.
- Financial Management (FM) – This unit will provide students with an understanding of the vital processes such as planning, organising, controlling and monitoring the financial resources that are essential for achieving organisational goals and objectives.
- Strategic Professional (Essentials):
- Strategic Business Leader (SBL) – This section will allow students to showcase their communication skills, commercial acumen, analysis and evaluation abilities.
- Strategic Business Reporting (SBR) – Through this module, students will gain expertise in evaluating financial reporting principles and practices in various business contexts and situations.
- Strategic Professional (Options):
- Advanced Performance Management (APM) – In this unit, students will gain relevant knowledge and skills that are required to employ strategic management accounting techniques in a range of business operations.
- Advanced Audit & Assurance (AAA) – The final module is designed to provide students detailed information about the regulatory business environment requirements that are based on the International Financial Reporting Standards.
The total academic fee for pursuing this course is $14,850 CAD (INR 7,97,801). The university offers scholarships for both international and domestic students, where the fees is reduced to $12,050 CAD (INR 6,47,374) and $8,555 CAD (INR 4,59,608) respectively.
Why opt for a Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination?
An ACCA preparatory course can help you develop the basic skills that are required to excel in a work setting in any area of finance. You will also gain an in-depth knowledge about accounting principles, management techniques and information technology (IT) systems. Completing this course will eventually lead you to obtain an ACCA membership, which is a highly-regarded qualification around the world.
Who should apply for a Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination?
This preparatory course can help you gain employment in the fields of banking, management and consulting. If you want to earn quality support throughout your ACCA studies, then opting for this course can help you with that. This ACCA preparatory course will provide you with a sound knowledge base on which you can build a career in finance or related areas.
Scope and future of Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination
Pursuing a preparatory course for ACCA can help you get good scores in the ACCA examination, thereby achieving an ACCA membership. Qualifying this membership can open doors to a successful career in any field that is related to finance or accountancy practice. Furthermore, it can increase your earning potential as well as provide you with an added advantage while competing for senior job roles.
Career prospects after pursuing a Preparatory Course for ACCA Examination
Pursuing an ACCA preparatory course in Canada can help you establish a career in accounting firms, government agencies and human resources department of various organisations. Let us look into some of the job roles that you can consider after completing this professional accountancy qualification:
- Financial Accountant – Financial accountants are responsible for analysing financial information, primarily with the help of cash flow statements and balance sheets. They work to prepare a company’s financial statements for external clients, such as tax and regulations authorities, creditors, shareholders and investors. They typically specialise in recording, summarising and interpreting business transactions and are required to create business strategies with the purpose of increasing organisational revenue and profit.
- Corporate Treasurer – Corporate treasurers’ primary role is to ensure that an organisation has the capital and resources that are necessary to meet its business obligations. They generally specialise in:
- Framing financial policies and strategies;
- Advising on investment opportunities;
- Arranging funds for expansion purposes;
- Managing financial risk;
- Assessing financial markets and acquisitions and mergers.
They primarily deal with functions such as treasury operations, risk management, liquidity and cash management, capital markets and funding and corporate financial management.
- Finance Manager – Financial managers are accountable for maintaining an organisation’s financial health. They perform tasks such as financial analysis, financial accounting and management accounting. They specialise in creating business reports, financial statements and financial forecasts as well as evaluating market trends to determine investment opportunities. They assist senior management in making important financial decisions and examine the company’s financial details to ensure it complies with the legal requirements.
- Forensic Accountant – Forensic accountants are hired by professional services organisations and are responsible for determining the occurrence of any financial fraudulent activity within the organisation. They are equipped with accounting, auditing and investigative skills and specialise in examining the assets, liabilities and resources of an organisation. Their primary role is to carry out forensic investigations and prepare forensic reports that can be used as evidence during a trial. Additionally, they collect a company’s financial information and conduct its auditing.
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Chief financial officers are responsible for managing the financial operations in an organisation and typically deal with tasks involving:
- Strategical planning.
They specialise in financial analysis and managerial duties and their day-to-day tasks include:
- Monitoring budgets, cash flows, salaries and investments;
- Overseeing the preparation of budgets;
- Allocating resources effectively;
- Setting pay-scales for employees;
- Collaborating with chief executive officers and the board members;
- Improving the overall efficiency and productivity of the company.
An ACCA accounting qualification can allow you to land jobs that are lucrative in terms of career growth. More so, because ACCA qualified professionals usually possess the highest possible ethical and professional standards. Thus, enrolling into an ACCA preparatory course can not only allow you to explore various sectors and take up new roles, but also enhance your earning potential.Checkout 1/3Total: £Discount: £Bundle Discount: £Sub Total: £Choose Exam Dates and Additional MaterialsAdd Billing DetailsSelect Payment MethodSelect Payment Method